Saturday 31 January 2015

Starry Eyed

                

    
   

                             



I need to talk about the Valentino pre-fall collection. It really is out of this world (pardon the pun.) My favourite pieces from the collection, in which Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli collaborated with British textile designer Celia Birtwell and Italian Pop Artist Giosetta Fioroni, are the galactic garments which make the models look as if they have fallen from the milky way. The floor-length gowns are possibly the most beautiful pieces I have ever seen. The star and planet embroidery is magical, I could gaze at the skirts forever, they seem as infinite as the real universe. As a lover of astrology I adore the constellation coat, it's like a map of the stars. The semi-transparent overlay on the dresses make them mystical and magical, shrouding the figure and portraying the magic of the stars. Finally, the solar system knee high boots are the coolest shoe I've ever seen. Their chunky heel and paint-like design make them stylish and sophisticated. This collection is a dream come true and the decoration, combined with fabric and shape make these pieces delicate, alluring and dazzling.

What is your favourite piece from the collection? Let me know in the comments.

*virtual hugs*
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment